Saturday, December 30, 2006

First motorcycle ride in US ...

Its been a great experience ... my sweet bike!! I went out with my friend Krishna Mohan - he was taking me out ... to allow me to get used to driving and be comfortable. It was fun ... we were driving for more than hour ... and in a way it was huge pain too - with the gear and all ... It was so painful using the gloves, helmet and the jacket - the jacket weighs quite a lot and my hand was aching from changing the gear (using the clutch) and the wind was too strong along with the fact that I feel like I am being thrown off the bike (those speeds) - the engine did not have to be reved beyond 3000 rpm - the helmets fogs from my breath at every signal that I stop at ... all in all inspite of all these it was an enjoyable experience. I loved it and the good thing to this is that I am kind of comfortable with the bike. The clutch seems to have some play and I was stopping the bike at almost every singal ... it was very bad - could be the clutch or the gloves that is preventing me from doing it right. Hope I can get this right from the next time I ride with the bike and all ... I am planning to take it out to office on Tuesday - lets see how that goes. Also I need to get the lowjack and alarm system installed - have to get an appointment and see when I can get that done. At the end of the day, I had to drive to San Jose - my hands were aching and I was very tired too ... but I made it safely a little before one in the wee hours.

No comments: